Arborist job openings
Current Positions at Scotty Tree and Arborist Service
Victoria & Sidney, British Columbia, Canada
We are currently looking for an experienced Arborist Crew Foreman/Leader
Arborist – Crew Foremen/Leader (Arborist & Tree Care)
Division: Residential & Commercial – Victoria Tree Service and Professional Arborists
Position Information: STARTING: Immediately. Applications accepted until suitable candidates are selected.
- Climbing experience,
- knowledge of knots,
- chainsaw operation,
- bucket truck experience helpful.
- 3-4 years of experience in an urban forestry environment with proven tree climbing experience.
- Valid BC Drivers License.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Valuable qualifications:
- strong tree ID skills.
- ISA certified arborist (ideal but not mandatory)
- This position is responsible for providing expert tree services and inspections to customer properties. Directing tree service crews and the day to day tasks associated with providing efficient and effective tree services. Responsible for climbing, pruning and removing trees on residential and commercial properties.
- Inspects, trims and prunes trees; identifies any job site hazards before climbing. Operates equipment/tools; ensures safety in operations.
- Directs and communicates crew roles and responsibilities with job site priorities with minimal supervision.
- Efficiently carry out pruning or removal of trees, ensuring the safety of climber and ground crew. Ascends tree using rope and safety saddle, lifelines. Attaches lines to affected limb or wood, cuts and lowers limb/wood working in conjunction with assigned crew and equipment, i.e. crane, and truck. Chips and cuts fallen trees.
- Operates large truck, brush chipper, and a variety of power tools. Ensures all equipment is safely maintained and operated, checks on a daily basis and performs preventive maintenance and minor repairs.
- Performs tree services e.g. pruning, bracing, clearing and marking work-site for public safety.
- Responsible for the visual inspection and cleaning of all tools.
- Able to communicate with clients and understand their wants while adhering to the quoted
- Understands the importance of safe work practices.
- Performs additional similar and related duties as assigned.
Compensation: Compensation based on qualifications and experience – with overtime.
Scotty Tree and Arborist Service offers excellent wages, benefits, advancement opportunities.
Email resume to:
- Scott @ victoriatrees.com