The City of Langford controls the cutting of trees and the removal of vegetation in designated environmentally sensitive and hazardous Development Permit areas contained within Langford’s Official Community Plan.
The City of Langford does offer some exemptions from this requirement, particularly where a tree is dead, diseased and dying, or a hazard to human safety or property. In most cases the City will require a report from a certified arborist before providing a letter of specific exemption from the requirements of a Development Permit. In addition, the City may require a report prepared by a Registered Professional Biologist before issuing a Development Permit in areas of environmental sensitivity (e.g.: areas around lakes and streams, identified sensitive ecosystems, and areas of potential wildlife habitat and biodiversity).
City of Langford Tree Removal Resources
- District of Langford website: https://www.langford.ca/
Before removing a tree or vegetation in the City of Langford, please read this vital information regarding the City’s stance toward the issue on private and public property.
- How to contact the Planning Department.
- Tree Cutting Bylaw: FAQs – Am I permitted to cut down trees on my property? and FAQs – Can I have a tree removed from municipal property?
- List of our tree services or have your property and trees inspected by an ISA Certified Arborist®
- Tree Cutting Permit: contact office.
Consulting Arborist Services
Book a consultation to have your property and trees assessed by an ISA certified arborist. Call Scott – (250) 220-9298
My qualifications include:
- Hazard tree and wildlife tree certification.
- Certified with the current WCB BC danger tree assessment program.
- ISA trained arborist with two decades of experience.
- Extensive training in high angle technical rope rescues
- First responder level of first aid
- Consistently attend arborist conferences. I share this information by giving lectures in the community on tree and garden care.
- We will provide you with the best and most current arboriculture practices.
- We will explain any work that we quote on.
- We give the best rates every time for everyone.
- Expert Witness and Litigation
- Holiday Light Installation
- Pest Management
- Stump Grinding
- Training and Education
- Tree Planting
- Tree Protection
- Tree Risk Assessment
- Tree Valuation